Best sump for the money

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I got approval to share. I didn't share earlier as I didn't want to talk about it if there was pending marketing expected. They just arrived here in US and are pending distribution to their retailers.

The sump is the Somatic 90. It is a modular system so you can add what you want and not the parts you don't want.

Dimensions are 24" x 15" x 15". Price is expected to come in at $449. But that is for the bare sump with the skimmer. You cannot buy the sump without the skimmer.

Here is a pic
fbca3d5042f257710315486f671604a2.jpg

Last edited:

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been impressed with my somatic skimmer for sure. Probably the best value vs quality skimmer out there at the moment. In my skimz sump, ha!

IMG_8971.JPG

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been impressed with my somatic skimmer for sure. Probably the best value vs quality skimmer out there at the moment. In my skimz sump, ha!

IMG_8971.JPG

Very nice! But I'm sure that sump cost you more than $79!

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you don't need anything fancy. I see basic glass sumps with a skimmer section and a bubble trap. At the lfs for 200 and under all the time. That's all you need. If you want a fancy sump by all means go for it. It is a hobby and you should get what you like not just what you need. But if you just want a temporary one until your ready to spend a good amount just look on Craig's list. I know you don't have the time for a diy but I am still a big fan of a 40 breeder with glass baffles

OP
OP
M

MT_is_a_Pisces

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with an Eshopp R200. Very well constructed, not a lot of room for return. But got a good deal.

rck329

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a guy on eBay that sells acrylic sumps (all acrylic, not the kits). I got mine of him a couple years ago - 36" was around $150. It's not the thickest of material (I think it's 1/4") but mine has held up great. And I've abused it - cut holes, patches holes, modified. I'm pretty sure he will customize for you if you want for extra $.

ChuzUThisDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a guy on eBay that sells acrylic sumps (all acrylic, not the kits). I got mine of him a couple years ago - 36" was around $150. It's not the thickest of material (I think it's 1/4") but mine has held up great. And I've abused it - cut holes, patches holes, modified. I'm pretty sure he will customize for you if you want for extra $.
Got his info or username? I'd be interested in that myself.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go down to your LFS and all them if they would make you a simple sump out of a 40 breeder... probably get away with around $100-$150.

Bitsy zimmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a really nice eshopps for sale. Asking $200. You can choose between two different models of eshopps but we want to keep the other one for our big tank. Neither are set up but we used the three chamber for about 8 months the other is a 2 chamber. Both are eshopps 350's. Works well. Call if interested 208-451-6925. (We're out of Portland, Or.) Selling to help pay off our 20 gallon as we had to shrink our tank.

Setting up a 90 gallon reef/fish tank. Do not have the time to build a DIY sump and not a lot $$ for a high-end sump, prefer good skimmer and lights. Any suggestion for a good brand / type of sump.

rck329

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got his info or username? I'd be interested in that myself.

His store is "Innovative Aquatics" - user name canyagrow. Looks like his prices have gone up a little from when I bought a couple years ago. Still not a bad deal.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back