Best t5 combination with radion g5 blue

Christian0505

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
215
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running 2 radion XR30 g5 blues on my mixed reef. I run them on the AB+ spectrum. The radions are mounted in my giesseman stellar which also has the capability of running 4x T5 bulbs.

The radions don’t have any warm white leds, and I miss that. I was wondering if I could compensate this somehow by adding some t5 bulbs. If anyone has some good recommendations I would like to hear them :) maybe something like a 6500k bulb?
 
IMO 65k bulbs will grow algae. why not blue+ bulbs instead.
 
IMO 65k bulbs will grow algae. why not blue+ bulbs instead.
Because the radions hit the blue spectrum quite well, i am looking for something that hits the warm white spectrum a bit more.

How about the aquablue special? Anyone has some experience with that bulb?
890AA6FA-C244-4B45-93F9-F3745C5B0698.jpeg
 
Aqua Blue Special is whiter than Blue Plus however the Coral Plus has a whiter tint to my eye than the aqua blue. Why don’t you run 2 each of Aqua and Coral plus.
 
Aqua Blue Special is whiter than Blue Plus however the Coral Plus has a whiter tint to my eye than the aqua blue. Why don’t you run 2 each of Aqua and Coral plus.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Gues I will start of with 2 coral plus and 2 ati blue plus (still have 2 blue plus laying arround). If I want it to be a bit more white I will swap out the blue plus for the Aqua blue special :)
 
ATI's B+ and C+ are good bulbs. Look at Giesemann too. They make a Tropic that will be more of a full spectrum.
 
Started with one hour a day t5 last week with the old bulbs still in it. Definitely seeing more “puffy” lps if the t5 is on. The light also looks more pleasing to the eye. Will be increasing one hour every week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new