Votes: 35 4.9%

• Total voters

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tiny Hippo, was about an inch when I got him a couple months ago and is a little bigger now, that grazes on algae all day. So, he's definitely good for my reef. He has a ton of personality, gets along with everybody else and thinks he's a clownfish! I have a trio of Convicts on order, so I hope they help him out on the grazing.

Rileys Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big Tangs

Acanthurus Xanthopterus
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

Attachments

• cam 038 copy.jpg
    cam 038 copy.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 541

seamonkey84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would of said chevron (young or around its a beautiful fish) but its not on the list, but I wouldn't give up my purple tang either. Unless the black tang they are referring to is the adult chevron, but then the black long nose tang is also a striking fish.

LVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my kole tang. Great grazer and easy to keep. My favorites have always been the purple and powder blue though.

jaa1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Black Tang and an Achilles, they have always been 2 of my favorite fish. Also after owning a Gem, a Purple and various other tangs over the years, my favorite is still the Black Tang and a close second is the Bariene Tang I had to give up due to its size. That was a great fish I had from the size of a nickel and now resides in a 450 gallon home.

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First a few things
1) this should be a multiple choice poll
2) You should list some parameters as to what you are referring to when you say best tang "I.E. best algae eater, least aggressive, size etc etc"

With that being said, I voted for a Gem tang as in my experience with them in customers tanks they are not as aggressive as other "round" tangs like purple's, sailfins, yellow's etc etc, not to mention they are great algae eaters AND are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
I wish I could afford a tank large enough to keep a trio of Gem tangs, a trio of Black tangs as well as a Blonde naso a Sohal tang and a yellow belly hippo tang

Dawson_Reef51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't know if anyone has already said anything about this , but the aussi dussimari tang (spelling) isn't listed up there , that's one amazing tang that deserves to be on the list lol ... as for my vote im going with the Naso Tang due to them being very docile in a reef tank and if you've ever had a show size male and female pair then you will understand where im coming from lol ... ive had a pair that were both about 13" the male had 3" streamers and they never showed any aggression.

AquaAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomini Tangs are the best workers and Chevron Tangs are my favorite :) <3

I have a Red Sea sailfin and a Tomini. My Tomini is shy but a much harder worker; I have had her for 9 months. My sailfin is very fat and just waits to be fed.

Tylermacdonald15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I would say the BEST tang for a reef tank would be a yellow tang. They are affordable, great algae eaters, and add a splash of color to any system. They may not be my favorite tang, but i would have to vote them the best all around as far as care and price. My favorite is the Achilles, but I wouldn't recommend it to many and would definitely not vote it as the best fish to have in a reef.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back