Best tasting tang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderguardnano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2014
Messages
1,058
Reaction score
164
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So originally I'm from Guam and told my dad about some of the fish I wanted and mention i wanted a convict tang and he sent me this a pic of his dinner tonight lol ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1459286085.853907.jpg
 
I know fish are food for many but... :(
 
Gees this makes me feel some crazy type of way, but hey they prob taste real real darn good!!
 
d697fc9bb178ebbcf5c415edcaa83661.jpg


Yes many of our favorite fish are food fish in their native waters
 
And various groups are up in arms about how the aquarium hobby industry is depleting the reefs. I wonder how much is taken for food versus hobby.

I had no idea Tangs were used for food.
Right? I pay 300 for something that someones snacking on everynight with crackers
 
Hmmm....I guess I'll have the fried conspicuous angel.
 
And various groups are up in arms about how the aquarium hobby industry is depleting the reefs. I wonder how much is taken for food versus hobby.

I had no idea Tangs were used for food.

Also keep in mind that what is caught is eaten, while for the aquarium trade some live and a lot die before they even come close to our lfs for us to buy.
 
d697fc9bb178ebbcf5c415edcaa83661.jpg


Yes many of our favorite fish are food fish in their native waters
That is my unicorn. I LOVE those fish... I never stop being amazed by different cultures and societies, it's just remarkable the differences and correlations.
 
Hmmmm....I've had a coral beauty and a kole tang in my sump for a couple months now...lol
 
And various groups are up in arms about how the aquarium hobby industry is depleting the reefs. I wonder how much is taken for food versus hobby.

I had no idea Tangs were used for food.


That's the case in Hawaii. People are up in arms about aquarium collectors. But when I talk to locals, they say most of the prettiest fish are the best to eat.
Should clarify that the people who are up in arms are not the locals. They are mainland transplants.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new