Best Test Kit Solutions for my Reef?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nitrites
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nitrites

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Location
Coeur d'Alene
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reef!

I was just testing some parameters in my tank when I realized that my API reef test kit expired in 2023... I think its time I get a better test kit solution, to make sure my readings are as accurate as possible but still without breaking the bank. Im just a college student so I don't have a ton of money to dump into fancy digital test kits and all that. Whats a good solution for testing parameters frequently and affordably? I was looking at getting another API test kit a reef master kit, as well as some basic test strips for testing my parameters at a glance. Are there other test kits I should be looking into? I did read about salifert test kits, and I'm not sure if I need that. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
 
My Hannah nitrate HR reads the same as my monthly icp test, same with their phos checker
 
I don’t recommend the Hanna calcium kit, and I would not measure magnesium at all.

Salifert is suitable for calcium.

I use a diy for alk, but you need a pH meter for that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new