Best tin remover?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefing102
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefing102

#BattleCrew
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
5,258
Reaction score
7,758
Location
Central Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but wanted to get opinions on what the best or most efficient tin remover is. I have a feeling I know the source but can’t prove it so I wanted to run some form of tin remover to bring levels down and maybe track to see if levels rise.

So here’s my Tin as of my ICP test on 09/29
IMG_4876.jpeg

Things I’ve seen mentioned include poly filter, metasorb, cuprisorb, and GFO. So in your opinion, what would be the best if you had to choose one?
 
What size tank are we talking about?

Tin can be hard to make definitive statements about since it comes in many different chemical forms.
 
The canister filter green plastic tubing being my suspected source of the tin as that’s the only new change before the crash other than a temporary move to a stock tank before the 40 breeder.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new