Best trap for a banded hawkfish?

Blue Meg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a banded hawk, a clown and a foxface that have developed a truce. The banded hawkfish has decided that anything else I have ever put in is "yummy". I'd like to have more fish in the tank but I don't think it can be done given the hawkfish. He is a character and I like him otherwise, but he sadly needs to go. What do people suggest as a fish trap for this type of fish? It is either that or pulling the rocks and scooping him out. I'd rather not deal with that kind of project.

stephanjupillat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fish nets sitting in water. Then wait. If he gets close snag him. Worked for me to catch a tilefish and bass let. I bought that bubble trap that attaches to the glass with a magnet but haven’t tried it yet

OP
OP
B

Blue Meg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He hides in the rocks until feeding time or until I put in another fish. Then he is a speed machine...

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He hides in the rocks until feeding time or until I put in another fish. Then he is a speed machine...
You'll have to remove all LR if he's a hider and fast. Any other method will drive you to drink straight liquor

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a banded hawk, a clown and a foxface that have developed a truce. The banded hawkfish has decided that anything else I have ever put in is "yummy". I'd like to have more fish in the tank but I don't think it can be done given the hawkfish. He is a character and I like him otherwise, but he sadly needs to go. What do people suggest as a fish trap for this type of fish? It is either that or pulling the rocks and scooping him out. I'd rather not deal with that kind of project.
Fish traps work great. Secret is to only feed fish through fish trap. They eventually come to eat in fish trap and then you catch them. Need patience. Works very well.

1621651256675.jpeg

Back