Best wave maker for 10g spa tank

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 mp10's in my 8g sps tank. It's really shallow so 1 didn't do it. I have them running at about 50%

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So could I get away with one

What are the dimensions of your tank. A pump like a MP10 will vary the flow a lot and give you good varying flow in a mode like reefcrest. If it's a more square tank then you could probably get away with one.

My 8g is 24"x12" and only 7" tall so I went with 2 because of the 24" footprint and since it's shallow turning the pump up high was hard without pulling air

a7aec5620f0246ac4508df519ff94f65.jpg

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N

Ever heard of it but will
It's basically made by Hydor but allows for your to program and control via an app on your phone. You can create different shcedules and mode, and because the pump is DC, it also allows you to scale the rate from 50GPH to 1050GPH....

OP
OP
Esquire805

Esquire805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's basically made by Hydor but allows for your to program and control via an app on your phone. You can create different shcedules and mode, and because the pump is DC, it also allows you to scale the rate from 50GPH to 1050GPH....
I read it was crap for Android users

OP
OP
Esquire805

Esquire805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of your tank. A pump like a MP10 will vary the flow a lot and give you good varying flow in a mode like reefcrest. If it's a more square tank then you could probably get away with one.

My 8g is 24"x12" and only 7" tall so I went with 2 because of the 24" footprint and since it's shallow turning the pump up high was hard without pulling air

a7aec5620f0246ac4508df519ff94f65.jpg
Tank is nice

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is nice

Thanks, water movement is something I have skimped on in the past so I didn't want to on this build. I get no detritus build up anywhere in the tank and the bare bottom allows me to crank up the flow. My corals love it. The vortechs are setup for wifi so I can turn on feed mode when I want to feed the corals and fish which is a great feature.

OP
OP
Esquire805

Esquire805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, water movement is something I have skimped on in the past so I didn't want to on this build. I get no detritus build up anywhere in the tank and the bare bottom allows me to crank up the flow. My corals love it. The vortechs are setup for wifi so I can turn on feed mode when I want to feed the corals and fish which is a great feature.
I put sand but put macro in the filter with a par 38 on top just trying to go natrual

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read it was crap for Android users
The early version was kludgy... the more recent one is better.. but it's the same on Apple too...

But, the basic functions and range of things you want a pump like that to do are fine... just wish they ctually delivered a cloud connected feature like the marketing material claims... but, the settings are all store in the cloud and can be pulled down across different devices at least.

I have the LRM light as well... and the app works fine enough for it.

OP
OP
Esquire805

Esquire805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The early version was kludgy... the more recent one is better.. but it's the same on Apple too...

But, the basic functions and range of things you want a pump like that to do are fine... just wish they ctually delivered a cloud connected feature like the marketing material claims... but, the settings are all store in the cloud and can be pulled down across different devices at least.

I have the LRM light as well... and the app works fine enough for it.
Might have to try it out it' not cheap

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back