Best wave maker for 10g spa tank

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might have to try it out it' not cheap
I've got two KPS and the LRM installed on my Fluval 13.5G. Got each literally when they were first made available in the US. (Posted a review on the LRM in R2R as well)

When I get my new 100G-ish build going, I will probably get another LRM to cover the length of the tank and moving my current one to that (of just keep my 13.5G and install two new LRMs...haven't decided yet....)

The one thing that stands a huge improvement is the documentation... I think it's less about the app being kludgy than the lack of easy info to understand how to use the app (i still haven't figured out how to upgrade my firmware on the light :/ ...but once i do, I will surely post a clearer set of instructions)

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions...

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of the Jebao SW-2.

Better off with two smaller pumps to create varying and random flow. Instead of one larger pump (such as PP-4).

I have one PP-4 in a 20L at the lowest setting and its either too much laminar flow, or no flow dead spots, and a few sweet spots...

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of your tank. A pump like a MP10 will vary the flow a lot and give you good varying flow in a mode like reefcrest. If it's a more square tank then you could probably get away with one.

My 8g is 24"x12" and only 7" tall so I went with 2 because of the 24" footprint and since it's shallow turning the pump up high was hard without pulling air

a7aec5620f0246ac4508df519ff94f65.jpg

Awesome little tank you have there!

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome little tank you have there!

Thank you, I had been out of the reef side of the hobby for a while (I have high tech planted tanks) and while we were at the LFS my fiancé said she wanted a small frag tank in the living room. Well I obliged her and kept the tank small but everything else is a little overboard lol.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I had been out of the reef side of the hobby for a while (I have high tech planted tanks) and while we were at the LFS my fiancé said she wanted a small frag tank in the living room. Well I obliged her and kept the tank small but everything else is a little overboard lol.
Nah, when you run out of space for frags all you’ll need is a bigger tank and you’re set ;-)

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, that never stopped me from trying to pack in more. After my last auction shipment, I said "no more! I don't have any room..." and yet, i just bought a bunchbmore last night rationalizing how my better my rocks would look fully covered...etc

Dual40IM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read it was crap for Android users
I have one on my 25 gallon lagoon. It works good but I think the advertising is misleading or I just don't know how to connect it differently. I can connect to it via WiFi straight to the unit but not through my home WiFi. All in all once you have it set you don' really need to connect to it anyway.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, that never stopped me from trying to pack in more. After my last auction shipment, I said "no more! I don't have any room..." and yet, i just bought a bunchbmore last night rationalizing how my better my rocks would look fully covered...etc
Haha ohh, just wait until your rocks annnd sand bed, tank walls, and equipment are fully covered. Only way to pack more in then is go bigger, orrr discover ingenious ways to stack your new corals on top of the old ones, lol ;-)

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of the Jebao SW-2.

Better off with two smaller pumps to create varying and random flow. Instead of one larger pump (such as PP-4).

I have one PP-4 in a 20L at the lowest setting and its either too much laminar flow, or no flow dead spots, and a few sweet spots...

Agree. I run two Aqamai KPS in my 13.5 for similar reason, even though they have variable modes

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha ohh, just wait until your rocks annnd sand bed, tank walls, and equipment are fully covered. Only way to pack more in then is go bigger, orrr discover ingenious ways to stack your new corals on top of the old ones, lol ;-)
Who says I haven't? Not to mention I didn't choose my handle for nothing... I also had setup up subsequent frag tanks that I then turn into full blown nano setups... 5 nano SW, 4 FW...and contemplating making a big tank build in addition, not in place of... I got a problem.

OP
OP
Esquire805

Esquire805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question is how much to dose I have 10 different montipora frags and 3 ricordia. How much calcium a day alk mag trace element. If I don't want to do water changes

Jem45472

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll throw another vote for the kps. It is a great pump for small tanks, especially for the price. I've had no issues with the android app, I actually thought setup was extremely easy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back