Best wavemaker for 3/4" glass

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jeremy165
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jeremy165

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2025
Messages
36
Reaction score
49
Location
Sammamish (near Seattle)
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm searching for wavemakers that will stay on 3/4" glass. I have a 5 ft long 125 gallon Eshopps tank.

I'd like to have a controller. I'd like to have a bluetooth app, though I hear a lot of problems with bluetooth apps. I don't need wifi compatibility.

Thanks for the help!
Jeremy
 
I have the big tunze’s. 3155 i think. There aren't many for that thickness. The nero 7 works too
 
You can also purchase a separate magnet for Tunze and convert any of them to 3/4" capability.
 
ReefWave 45 and MP40 work perfectly fine from my experience.

Jebao DMP 40 should work fine too but I haven’t tried myself.

I also read that the Reef Octo 4 works as is, even though they sell an additional magnet to officially support 19mm thickness.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new