Best way to add reef saver rocks?

reefshawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established aquarium that I want to re-aquascape. I’m going to use Marco Rocks Reef Saver Rocks that I’ve purchased from an online retailer. I don’t have a lot of livestock in there yet... only about a year old and have three fish and a handful of easily movable coral in a 55 gallon tank

The retailer has some online videos explaining how best to do this... they recommend putting the rock in a brute container with saltwater and a bottle of instant ocean Bio-spira and letting it sit for some time.

I’m thinking this seems like a pretty good plan. After time passes I would take some rock out of the display tank and move it to the sump then add the new rock to the display tank. I’d do this a bit at a time over a couple weeks.

Just looking for any positive or negative comments on this approach before I start it.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established aquarium that I want to re-aquascape. I’m going to use Marco Rocks Reef Saver Rocks that I’ve purchased from an online retailer. I don’t have a lot of livestock in there yet... only about a year old and have three fish and a handful of easily movable coral in a 55 gallon tank

The retailer has some online videos explaining how best to do this... they recommend putting the rock in a brute container with saltwater and a bottle of instant ocean Bio-spira and letting it sit for some time.

I’m thinking this seems like a pretty good plan. After time passes I would take some rock out of the display tank and move it to the sump then add the new rock to the display tank. I’d do this a bit at a time over a couple weeks.

Just looking for any positive or negative comments on this approach before I start it.
We are cycling my wife's tank w the same rock but are doing the whole tank together.you have an excellent plan, go the way you described and all will b great. I also have bought some turbo 900, which is a concentrated live bacteria, but haven't used it.her tank is doing awesome so don't want to mess with it but something you can look at to perhaps aid cycling. Good luck

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back