Best way to get Diamox?

animateash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't find that my dwarf seahorses have gas issues very often, but if and when it does happen, Diamox for treatment seems hard to get a hold of. I have one tablet my pharmacist friend was able to snag for me, but just in case I ever have an issue, I'd like to get some more in the house.

For U.S. keepers, how have you gotten Diamox? I feel like if I call my vet and ask for a prescription for a seahorse, they're going to think I'm pranking them, and if I ask MY doctor for them I'll have to fabricate some high altitude vacation or something to merit the drug. I'm in California, if that matters.

matchmakersmagic

Seahorse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, you basically outlined the two "easiest" ways to get the med. I knew a person who did actually need diamox for altitude on a semi regular basis who was able to give me two full courses. I find exotic vets and/or a regular vet whom you have a very good relationship with to be the best. Supposedly there are online pharmacies some have gotten from Canada in the past but I'm not positive how that even works, probably still need a script and several weeks to work.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did talk to my vet and asked if he could prescribe diamox for my seahorses. He was happy to comply and even printed out info from Seahorse guru Pete Gwonja( sorry can't remember how to spell his last name) on how to use the Diamox. You have nothing to lose by asking.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back