best way to get rid of micro bubbles...

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had you seen this already?
SNM Overflow Bubble Trap Controls Salt Spray and Reduces Noise | glassbox-design.com

I've been wanting to toy with that concept once I figure out what this whole "free time" thing is supposed to be...
:D

On my overflows, I've got a piece of PVC w/ oodles of slots cut in them as a 'filter' to prevent fish from going into the sump. Not sure if that would help you in this case, but thought I'd mention it.

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3004.jpg

That is a disgustingly clean setup. Nice job.

izzy1942

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys... I've been struggling with micro bubbles coming from the return pump... I have tried everything I can think of... the only thing that really worked was having a filter sock in there... the only problem atm is my clowns are too small and one of them took a ride on the drain last night... if I have the filter sock, they will get stuck in it and will probably won't make it a few hours in the filter sock... I've tried having mechanical filtration and carbon on the baffle before the return to catch the bubble but the bubbles are still getting in... I'm stuck... :confused: any help will be appreciated...

Thanks....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back