Best way to move anemone

Klx110ripper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2019
Messages
394
Reaction score
224
Location
New Boston, Mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I got a rainbow BTA about a week ago. He found a great spot and looked super happy there, good light and flow. Well i come home from work and he went through my overflow weirs into my sump ( I have a AIO tank). I'm really hoping that he moves back to the main tank but i doubt he will (has to come out of the water to go back through weirs).

The anemone is still very healthy, full color and good looking mouth.

What is the best way to move him back into the display?

Thanks,
 
What is the best day to move him back into the display?

Sunday.

I think you meant "way". If he's in the rear chambers on the glass it should be pretty easy to use your fingers to gently loosen him up and then just move him back into the display.
 
Nem on glass, I scrape off with credit card. Nem on rock, either hang upside down over water for a guaranteed but stressful removal or aim a powerhead at it and hope it is uncomfortable enough to move on it's own eventually.
 
Just rip it off like a band-aid. Kidding, you can use something cold to make it release.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new