Best way to scape a 34 cube?

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive struggled for a long time as far as my aquascape goes... I'm just not satisfied with what I do with my rock.. i see all these threads with scapes i'd love to have I go buy new rock and it just ends up looking blah. I had base rock didnt like it bought branch didnt turn out well and now i might try dry rock.. I have many issues with my tank as it is from $100 favias receding to very unique acans loosing tissue my rock should be atleast ONE of the things in my tank that I love and it hasnt been.. I've had my tank for over a year and it hasnt gone too well for the most part.. i dont post pics because a lot of my stuff dies or i dont have the budget to get new stuff.. Thus is the life of a reefer in highschool.. lol

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give WWC a try I did and loved it. I got Vic to scape my tank from FL and send me the rock. Trust me im bad at scaping I love my rock now.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
two day shipping for me with 80LB's of rock came out to be like 60 bucks. Its something you have to figure out, save a little longer and wait and WWC will give you some azaing rock to work with and photos of what you cane make.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if your always playing in the tank and moving rock around, that can be stressful on the coral. also many other things could be going on. post some pics of the rock you got and maybe we all can help you do something different that you like! mix the base and the branchign together!

OP
OP
R

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8220.jpg
YES i know my glass is dirty lol my tank doesnt have a top so water spills easier when im doing changes lol
IMG_8220.jpg

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would try and use some base rock to hold the branching rock up so that it hangs out in the upper part of the water column. will give a place for coral and for fish to swim threw.

thos tanks are hard to scape.. you gotta have rocks you can build upward with otherwise they just take up to much of the sand bed .

OP
OP
R

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know i love long tanks there are so many more options as far as scaping. i scaped both of my brothers tanks and they looked grat mine.. not so much

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would take out the branching rocks it looksl iek you haev.. build like a cave/base structure with holes and caves in it.. then take the branching peices and try and fit them into it goign up towards the top of the tank. to give the rock structure more depth top to botoom

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remember that dry rock still needs to be cured before putting in the tank. even though says not to.. seen a lot of posts latly about dry rock messing up tanks...

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you need to cure it first right?

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back