Best, worst, and ideas

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing first, had a great time at the frag swap and got some awesome pieces, looking forwards to it next year, but now is time to think about next year and improve on this year. Post anything that you liked, disliked, or want to try next year at the swap. All ideas are good ideas :)

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great and would love to hear feedback as well.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. If we can get the venue on a Saturday
2. Not the same weekend as RAP
3. Keeping the vendor list small maybe around 2 dozen.
4. Hopefully being able to set up early evening the night before.
5. Loved the Taco truck.
6. Get the GPS address right.
7. Use the venues PA system.
8. The direction signs were good maybe more.

Where is @acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well

First- the great:

1) Volunteers really did super. That includes the board members , spouses, kids, and member volunteers.
2) The Venue - I think the vendors really appreciate the fact they could drive into the building to setup and breakdown.
3) Great sellers vs buyers ratio. Of coarse we could not predict this exactly. But keeping vendors to under 20 helped. Next year max at 25 vendors as I expect an additional attendence of about 25%.
4) Wild World of Animals - next year an hour earlier.

The things that we could improve on:

1) Lock in vendors and hobbyist 3 weeks in advance and close it to any additions.
2) do not post or suggest any raffle items until those items are in hand - we had several items that we posted but ended up not being sent to us.
3) have actual cash boxes - lol . Makeshift cash boxes out if cardboard worked but showed it was our first fragswap.
4) lock in a date when we know it's not in conflict with Reefapollosa or other reef event. Also make sure we have access the night before much earlier than 11pm.
5) Reduce raffles to two instead of four. 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock.
6) Have someone with better skill and knowledge doing the Facebook posting, social media, etc than myself.. Lol. Although I learned a lot.

elton.williams83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was my first swap. So appreciated all the hard work put in by the group leadership. Great job on organizing all the details.
Positive:
1. Volunteer shirts was great, maybe name tags or lanyards to reduce costs next time
2. Had great feedback about volunteers helping with setups and directing traffic.
3. The venue was large and open

Improvements:
4. Dito about the signage, maybe some from the interstate at all the turns.

I am looking forward to helping out again next year.

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Positives:
1. I think the number of vendors was great and the venue gives us a lot of room to grow each year
2. Volunteers did a fantastic job

Improvement:
1. Signage about where to enter the building as well as signs from the interstate would probably be a nice addition
2. Have a master sign next to where you are selling raffle tickets about the times and items that go off at that time so if someone is interested in one item (like the grye) they could look and see quickly
3. Money boxes as i think someone mentioned before

I would love to help out again next year and could look more in the social media thing for us to try to promote it better as well, though as our first time we did a great job

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back