Best wrasse for pest control?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aaron186
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aaron186

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
712
Reaction score
223
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 93 gal display tank with sand.
I previously had a Melanurus wrasse that just died. I went on vacation for a week and my power went out 2 days before returning sadly shorting out one of my apex power bars that controlled the autofeeder and temperature.

I want to replace the wrasse but I was hoping for suggestions on what to get. The wrasse was quite large and kind of a bully in the tank (it killed 2 attempts of putting a fairy wrasse in the tank)

Is there a good option for a fish that will help with pest control and be a better citizen? I wouldn’t mind adding 2 wrasses if possible too
 
I have a 93 gal display tank with sand.
I previously had a Melanurus wrasse that just died. I went on vacation for a week and my power went out 2 days before returning sadly shorting out one of my apex power bars that controlled the autofeeder and temperature.

I want to replace the wrasse but I was hoping for suggestions on what to get. The wrasse was quite large and kind of a bully in the tank (it killed 2 attempts of putting a fairy wrasse in the tank)

Is there a good option for a fish that will help with pest control and be a better citizen? I wouldn’t mind adding 2 wrasses if possible too
What are the dimensions and other fish in the tank?
 
Approx 4x2x2 (reefer 425)

2 clowns, 2 small tangs, foxface, royal gramma that never leaves cave, coral beauty, mandarin, blenny
What species of tangs are they?
 
Not sure why it matters but a purple tang and a white tail bristletooth
the reason it matters is because certain tangs don’t get along with new wrasse additions and can also say if you’re maxed out on fish - Purple tangs can get to the size of a dinner plate.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new