OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is why they have been sending them out to various folks for testing on these new ones.
If hanna has taught me anything, its to not buy a handheld checker for at least 4-5 months after they are released.

ocd_reefer

over-indulger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they are awesome right out of the gate. Liquid regent? Check. Thank god. Hopefully the timeout is acceptable also.

CalmSeasQuest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they are awesome right out of the gate. Liquid regent? Check. Thank god. Hopefully the timeout is acceptable also.
+1

It looks like the CA version requires 2 reagents (at least it appears they are both liquid.) The timeout issues are better on the ALK, now Hanna need to produce liquid PO4 reagents :)

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no kidding.. I HATE those powedered packets.. you never feel like you get it all in the vial.

MVlk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the 2nd picture in the Reef Builders article link... sure looks like a box of powder reagent to me?!?!

Reggie

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the 2nd picture in the Reef Builders article link... sure looks like a box of powder reagent to me?!?!

Yup, looks like it. :( You can also see that liquid reagent is labeled as REAGENT A.

API has been my reliable calcium kit to test where my calcium levels are at -- not exact but it gives me a ballpark figure on where my system's at.

I do use the KH Hanna Checker and I really like it. What I want however is a Mg and Nitrate Checker.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the freakin steps that are in mag/cal tests, I'm sure the hanna will be a much easier task. i'm honestly just wanting accuracy as much as convenience.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bate testing is done. They should be ready to ship out in July. I got an email saying in mid July. Cant wait to us mine when comes in.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I saw a vendor on another thread post that you could go ahead and pre order for the same time.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.0%
Back