Better Solution than the NetGear WNCE 2001

  • Thread starter Thread starter Birddog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2012
Messages
682
Reaction score
705
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like after nearly 4 years my ethernet to wifi adapter that gives me connectivity to my APEX (Netgear WNCE 2001) died in my cabinet. I looked on the internet and it looks like the cost of a replacement is between $250 and $300. Does anyone have a suggestion on a better / less expensive option?

Thanks and happy Labor Day!
 
Last edited:
I used 2 different Netgear EX2700 on 2 different tanks for ~2 years and ~1 year and I didn't have any issues. I'm still using them in my house but now just to extend my WiFi network in my basement and bedroom but I upgraded to a new tank with a new Apex so the adapters aren't being used for an Apex at this time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new