• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

BEWARE: INNOVATIVE MARINE Does Not Honor There Warrantees

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to make posts like this because life is too short. When you pay a lot of money for a system it shouldn't be this hard to get what you paid for. I purchased a new Nuvo 100XT, the complete system through the Innovative Marine Amazon Store. As of today the system has been running for exactly one month. On day 28 in the morning my Apex sends me an alarm the the return pump is not drawing power. I get back to the house and sure enough the pump is not running, the MightyJet XL controller is beeping and is in alarm status "E2". According to their manual that means "impeller seized". Pulled the pump out of the sump, pulled the cage off and could easily move the impeller with my finger. Took the pump apart, pulled the impeller and found no obstructions. Put the pump back in and fired it up and all worked. Over the next 48 hours this happen 5 times. The pump would seize and not run, go into the E2 alarm status. I got IM involved on day 29 assuming they would take care of the issue. Boy was I wrong. 5 emails now, 2 phone calls and they still refuse to admit the pump is failing and send me a new one. Mike at Innovative Marine basically has been no help at all. He has questioned me asking if I used the correct power supply, basically accusing me of the possibility that I plugged it into another power supply I previously owned. He has made me take the pump apart ( which was the 4th time) stating "you have to check the front and back bushings, sometimes they come loose". WOW, really??? An assembled pumps bushings can come loose after running for 28 days? I've been reefing since I was 16, I'm now 60. The only pump I know that has the bushings come loose in 28 days is a pump with a poor design or one that is defective. After all of this I told them that I could trust this pump to run my system. I have $1400 in corals and about $400 in fish. Would you guys trust this pump to run your reef??? After all the bull with them I get the last email yesterday asking for a picture of the pump in failure. This morning they now want a video of the pump in failure. They have pics of their pump removed from the system and an Echotech Marine Vectra I had to purchase in my sump running my new system. Finally had it with them so I called Amazon and filed a complaint. Amazon has assured me that they will force them to comply and honor their warrantee or the will be consequences from Amazon. Honestly, love the tank, stand and sump but their MightyJet XL Pump is of poor quality and a piece of garbage. The only pump that fails this quickly is a defective one and they won't even honor their warrantee. Sorry I did business with them, never again. Here's the video so the world can see their pump in error.

Last edited:

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this, had one of their heaters, the titanium element failed, they won't replace. Keep asking me to reposition and add flow. And then when I do it. They want me to send video to show it. Not buying from them again. It shouldn't be this hard....

OP
OP
UtahReefer

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I second this, had one of their heaters, the titanium element failed, they won't replace. Keep asking me to reposition and add flow. And then when I do it. They want me to send video to show it. Not buying from them again. It shouldn't be this hard....
Nope shouldn't be. After this I would never trust one of their pumps and will never do business with them again.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back