Read the terms and conditions!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ghill

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2024
Messages
141
Reaction score
69
Location
Mentor
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Just learned the hard way to read the terms and conditions to the end of the document! Ordered a nano skimmer from Innovative Marine this morning because it advertised a DC pump. Shortly after that (within a couple of minutes of ordering) I learned the skimmer I have also has a DC pump (looking for quiet) and cancelled via email to their sales group as requested. But I must now pay them a 5% penalty for making the mistake of not reading the terms and conditions. It is only about $6.00 but as many would appreciate it is not the money. Something like this should be at least mentioned on the order page along with return info cues. Too bad. There are other fine providers I could have ordered from where this immediate cancellation would have no impact. Guess where I am not ordering direct from again! And I have a different model of the IM nano tank skimmer and their tech support has been outstanding even to the point of calling me nearly immediately one evening following an emailed question.
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new