Beware Instant Ocean Reef Crystals

BrianAnthony

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
270
Reaction score
447
Location
Reading PA, USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to throw this out there to those of us who keep smaller tanks.

Reef crystals and water changes are constantly raising my alkalinity. Ive seen that Reef Crystals has an alk of 13dkh to begin with. I made the mistake of buying a large bucket of it and am getting tired of alk swings every time do a water change. I like to keep my alk between 9 and 10. I guess if you keep yours higher this isn't an issue.

Any way... Word of caution for Reef Crystals.

Thanks
 
Just want to throw this out there to those of us who keep smaller tanks.

Reef crystals and water changes are constantly raising my alkalinity. Ive seen that Reef Crystals has an alk of 13dkh to begin with. I made the mistake of buying a large bucket of it and am getting tired of alk swings every time do a water change. I like to keep my alk between 9 and 10. I guess if you keep yours higher this isn't an issue.

Any way... Word of caution for Reef Crystals.

Thanks
Reef crystals known for higher mag ca-alk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new