• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Beware Larryl

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Arcticwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an MP40 from @larryl in September and he claimed in his post that the pump was tested and working. When it arrived, I noticed the controller was the old gen 2 model which was not pictured and he had the pump listed as an MP40es. My bad for not asking for a pic of the controller, so I accepted that responsibility. I plugged in the controller to see if it powered up but knew little of how the old control works, so it lit up and I unplugged it and set it aside for a future frag tank. Fast forward to a few days ago, I try to set up the pump and the controller powers on but then starts flashing red and green. The wet side spins freely, so I know it's an issue with the dry side. So I try to remove the rubber spacer and it is practically fixed to the unit. Took 2 people to get it off and it should slide right off. Once off, you could see the thing was filled with salt and corrosion. I can't even get the screws out to replace the bearings. I know it's on me for not testing it right away and PayPal has denied my claim due to the length of time it has sat. But the fact of the matter is that the pump remained in its box until now. And there is no way that kind of salt buildup happened sitting in a box. You were shady in the ad hiding the control and mislabeling it as an 'es' and I should have filed a claim then. So this is on me, but I just want people to be cautious if they see something up for sale from Larryl. I know I personally do a quick check in the seller feedback area before I make purchases for situations just like this. Maybe someone else had a good transaction with him, but I'm out $135. Buyer beware.

Screenshot_20181230-121312_Chrome.jpg 20181231_182704.jpg 20181231_182700.jpg 20181230_181411.jpg 20181230_181357.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back