Beware of Increased Scam Activity.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aspect
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2022
Messages
1,578
Reaction score
846
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lately I have been seeing a lot of scam activity on here especially if you are active in the buying/selling side of this forum. They all start out the same, you will receive a pm saying something like this: "So and so has the item/fish you are looking for in good condition, their email is _____". Every time I've emailed the address, they all only have stock photos of the item and will not disclose their phone number or area they reside in. They will refuse any specific photos like if you ask for a photo with their hand in the background. If you get an email like this, it is most likely a scam, and I would avoid and report it.
 
Keep your eyes open and use your head before you reply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new