Bi color blenny owners?

ReeferHendrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are bi color blennies really coral eaters??? I bought one today not looking into that first and of course I start reading things about them eating corals. Seems to be 50/50. I couldn’t sleep thinking that he’s probably in there munching on my rainbow acans he hid next to so I got him out and he’s in a mushroom box in my sump till I figure out what to do tomorrow. Ugh. Also caught this huge bristle worm In the process lol
54D2B576-6016-4D0A-B765-A1AD7F44C90B.jpeg

PNW_squidz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a button scoly and alveapora healing in an acclimation box because my bicolor beat the hell out of them.

Fish is being moved to a new tank soon.

DaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that started taking bites out of my candy cane coral, I had to give him back to the LFS. Sad, he was a real cute little fish.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bicolor blenny recently died unexpectedly after about 2 years. (Bummer,,, I liked that fish)
I only have zoas and a couple of ricordea with never an issue,,, no SPS though

MaxM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never an issue with mine. Definitely a meat eater and prefers blood worms. I feed alot and mine I'd tat so maybe that's why.

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be similar to coral beauty...can get one that leaves stuff alone or one that develops a taste and doesn't go back
I had no idea they even had the potential! Learn something new every day, lol. Sadly mine passed away a few weeks ago - he was one of my favorite fish I've had the longest time. :(

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea they even had the potential! Learn something new every day, lol. Sadly mine passed away a few weeks ago - he was one of my favorite fish I've had the longest time. :(
Sorry for your loss! Losing a favorite fish sucks. If you are looking for a blenny that behaves similarly but isn't a risk for any coral, I highly recommend a midas blenny.

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss! Losing a favorite fish sucks. If you are looking for a blenny that behaves similarly but isn't a risk for any coral, I highly recommend a midas blenny.
Thank you - it does suck! Got brooklynella in my tank a few weeks ago (my fault), and ended up slowly losing 6 fish... I was gutted. :( I've considered a Midas! They're cool the way they swim. I have a lawnmower blenny coming from Dr. Reef soon - I have a lot of rockwork, so I'm hoping that one and another blenny that perches on the rock would have enough territory to get along.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back