Bicolor angel in reef?

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read that angel fish are a bad idea for reef because they like to eat corals anyone has success with bicolor angel not messing with there corals I have a 36g fully stocked with corals and only 1 maroon clown.
Corals can be seen in pic
IMG_5067.JPG

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank. You could always try the fish with a re-home plan if it doesn't fit in with your beautiful corals. ;)
Here's a great article from Advanced Aquarist magazine on this topic. https://www.advancedaquarist.com/2003/10/fish

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had one in my mixed reef for 3 years. He does occasionally nip at the corals, but has never done much damage to destroy one. I also keep my fish fat and happy so that could play a factor.

I’ve never seen him pick at my soft coral/euphillia, but he does often pick at my gorgonian

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the worst luck with them, but I think one of the coolest smaller angels. They are labeled “with caution” on La. I say try, like BigG said you could always keep an eye on him, but do have an exit plan if he doesn’t work out.

Keep us updated, I may try one more time and then quit if it doesn’t work before I make them extinct singlehanded

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starki damsel makes a great substitute for a bicolor angel and would be a better fit for your tank

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read that angel fish are a bad idea for reef because they like to eat corals anyone has success with bicolor angel not messing with there corals I have a 36g fully stocked with corals and only 1 maroon clown.
Corals can be seen in pic
IMG_5067.JPG
Nice looking tank, but with the yellow tang in there, in wouldn’t add the angel, the tang may attack it

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bicolor, and a coral beauty, and while I’ve never seen them nip anything. I have NO PE on my sps. But they are growing so it’s not a total loss and I love the fish.

Corey

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back