Bicolor Angel sick... Maybe?...

zorthgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I am really new here. I have a bicolor angel that developed a dark blue (same color as its back side) streak by its dorsal fin. I have never seen any bicolor like this before. Usually their yellow parts are quite yellow without any blue in them. I think he might be sick. But I am not sure since he's been like this for almost 3 months now, is eating quite well, and seem to be acting normal. Also my water parameters are all 0 (nitrate, nitrite, and ammonia), and the PH is at around 8.2. So it doesn't seem to be water quality related. I am a little apprehensive in trying to medicate him again, because 2 weeks ago I added that microbe-lift Artemis and Herbtana product to the tank, and even though it said that it was safe to be used with invertebrates, it killed all of my snails. I've attached a picture. Has anyone seen this before?...

IMG_0681.jpg

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have clearer pictures?

I wouldn’t worry if the color matches the rest of it its body. Were there any injuries?

OP
OP
Z

zorthgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This image was the clearest picture I could get. The little fella is always swimming around. He doesn't have any injuries. Aside from the blue streak, he seems fine.

bicolor.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back