BIG News! EcoTech Marine has released the Radion Generation 5!

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BIG News! EcoTech Marine has released the Radion Generation 5!

1.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-2.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-3.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-4.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-5.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-6.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-7.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-8.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-9.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-10.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-11.jpg

02102020_Radion-G5-Launch-Packet-12.jpg

Q: Will Radion G5 models work with Ecosmart Live and the Reeflink?
A: No. The Radion G5 platform will only work with the free Mobius App for iOS and Android.

Q: If the G5 does not use ESL it will not work off-site through Wi-Fi correct?
A: That is correct. Initially local wireless control through your smart device only. Wi-Fi control and Mobius access from off site will be enabled in the future.

Q: Can the spectrum of the G5 PRO be matched to the G4 PRO?
A: Yes. Although the optics, LEDs etc are different - the core spectrum is the same and the flexibility of the G5 will match the G4. Peak PAR is higher on the G4 but the G5 produces more light (spread) in total.

Q: What about mounting?
A: Original Single ARM RMS mounts can be adapted to fit the G5 X-brackets. MultiLight Rails and Arms do not need any modification although the newly designed G5 Xbrackets are needed to mount G5 XR30s.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have photos of a tank with the AB+ spectrum? That looks like your eye sees it? I can’t choose between the blue and pro

Worthy1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, cant say ill be looking to offload my G4 Pro's for these. Considering most people run the previous generations nowhere near 100%. More efficient, what numbers? better light spread? doable with the diffuser. Quieter? can hardly hear the G4's. Just not sure what the benefit would be over picking up some bargain G4's now. Maybe they are meant to be smarter but really once you choose a program how hard was it to jump on every now and then and tweak something, do you really need to play with your lights while your out and about.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's only currently...remote access is only a matter of time

Absolutely, but what that access will ultimately look like and how much control it offers with various tank functions is yet to be seen. It's disappointing that they wouldn't offer Apex control until they had a proven controller/app themselves. They're basically offering a beta which users will help them develop and test over time. My personal preference is to have one access point, whether that be Apex/GHL/Mobius, that I can control from anywhere in the world.

Ricky_Reef

Diamond Goby Lover/Hater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan and Randy from BRS both agree that they would not upgrade from G4 Pro's with diffusers to these. Think I'll just keep what I have until they start having problems.

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks very much like a light that's being sold it the UK for years called the evergrow and I'd rather have the evergrow than that it has better looks same leds and good control. Afraid ecotech are showing what an expensive unit they are with mediocre products.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks very much like a light that's being sold it the UK for years called the evergrow and I'd rather have the evergrow than that it has better looks same leds and good control. Afraid ecotech are showing what an expensive unit they are with mediocre products.
I just looked up ever glow, watched a few unboxing vids, outside of them using LED's to light a tank, I don't see a similarity. Can you elaborate?

The ones I looked at were quite a bit bigger than the xr30.

Ricky_Reef

Diamond Goby Lover/Hater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, cant say ill be looking to offload my G4 Pro's for these. Considering most people run the previous generations nowhere near 100%. More efficient, what numbers? better light spread? doable with the diffuser. Quieter? can hardly hear the G4's. Just not sure what the benefit would be over picking up some bargain G4's now. Maybe they are meant to be smarter but really once you choose a program how hard was it to jump on every now and then and tweak something, do you really need to play with your lights while your out and about.
I agree, the G4 Pro's with duffusers make for awesome lights with awesome spread. I run mine at 65% Intensity with AB+ schedule and everything responds great! Have a new Noopsyche T5 Hybrid hood on the way so I'll just run the proven G4's until they go out then maybe by the the G6 will be out! Lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back