Big tank canopies

  • Thread starter Thread starter Balz3352
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Balz3352

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2014
Messages
498
Reaction score
249
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the process of building a 210 gallon tank. Decided to go metal stand but cannot decide on anything for canopy. I need one to hide ugly supports for the tank and ugly lights so....

Let's see your big tank canopies. What do you like dislike about them. How do they work.
 
9585dae7413a32a4876a908540c73eb7.jpg


That's my 240... in the process of tightening her up. It's really nothing fancy. Two doors each side. The opening seems like it will be wide/big enough to function through. I bought it used, so I had no say on design. If I were to improve on it in any way, it would have a crab or piano top, so that access would be easier.

The picture is upside-down. The canopy is sitting on the back edge that would face the wall.
 
I have one that has a piano hinge and doors on front that I love , I can fit my whole body inside under the lights 2 fans running inside , holes in top ( which you can't see because its so tall ) to vent out heat . I'll try to get a pic up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new