Big tank on tile floors

  • Thread starter Thread starter JOKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
As a tile contractor for the last 20 years, I would say that you're fine. I've never seen a tank crack a floor. We have done some commercial/factory work where forklifts, vehicles, etc are driven over it and have never seen a hint of a problem where load was the issue.

Now - regardless, I would recommend that you use porcelain over a ceramic material as it is way stronger and is about as bulletproof as flooring can be. I recently tiled the bottom story of my house and used a self leveling product in the room where the tank was going. I've had up to a 180 gal tank in there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new