Bigg THANKS John&Leah

kesslerkid01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for a great meet and all the raffle stuff.Food was great had fun.then went to r.a.p.e. and spent more money.John you have a very nice set-up going and a great looking tank
Thanks again from Kim and myself!!!!!!:bigsmile::bigsmile:r

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You very much John for all the work you did into this meet. The raffle donations and the frag donations were above and beyond what one would think for such a small group of reefers. I as well went to Reef's and thanked Peter very much for everything and the wife ended up getting a new fish for her tank!!!! The plate is in here Nano! LOL I will take some pics when the lights come on. Looks good but her Nano is definately packed now!

Eric

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i called reefs to say thank you..i couldnt say it enough!!! we couldnt make it there cuz the youngest needed her little nap!! but will be stoping there soon though!!i enjoy going there and spending money...:D

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must say very nice, the meet was one of the best ive been to! Very nice house, excellent decorations. The tank is sweet, but I see a nice future for it.

And the sump system is jaw dropping!

Thankx a million, I had a great time.
Brian

PrisonCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES! Thanks again John & Leah! Gorgeous house (I especially liked the discing basket in the backyard!) Fantastic spread of food and Corals!! System is definitely something to shoot for someday.

Thanks to all the sponsors of the meet as well!

Here are some updated pics of my little reef.
I didn't shut the pumps off before I took the pics, so there is a bit of stuff blowing around blur going on in these. Still learning as I go a bit...

Raffle prizes:
Mushroom (can see the edge of the other one on the top right section of this pic)
PICT0032_scaled.JPG

Zoas (Watermelons I believe?)
PICT0035_scaled.JPG

Another Blue-ish shroom that I didn't get a decent picture of last night. Will try tonight.

Honestly, I'm not sure what this is. John tossed it in my bag since there were a few pieces left over, so an ID would be much appreciated. He told me, but after 2 hours at Chuck E Cheese, my mind was a bit shot...
blue_yellow_thing.JPG

I headed down to Reef's and bought a tiny clownfish and a frogspawn. So yes. I officially have a tank, and life in the tank!!!
Bear the clownfish:
PICT0039_scaled.JPG

Bear's Frogspawn(hopefully?)
PICT0036_scaled.JPG

Full tank shot:
PICT0027_scaled.JPG

Zoas opened up pretty well last night once they were situated. I don't like where they are atm. The plug they are on is great for a frag rack, but it isn't sitting in the tank all that well so I need to know a good way to get them off the plug and onto a rock or something?

Last edited:

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PCR, those zoas are also known as eagle eyes

and the blue/brown coral is a blue ridge coral or heliopora
blue - Google Images

I ended up winning the 5g bucket of IO salt, and also a blue ridge coral frag.
and everybody got one of Gooch's variety pack of frag plugs
thankx again

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can take a bone cutters or similar tool and cut the nub off the plug easily. then, take some superglue gel and put a dot on the plug, affix a small dot of epoxy over that, then another dot of superglue gel on top of the epoxy. stick the sucker quickly on your location of choice and it will never move. the superglue holds the epoxy in place while it cures. works like magic :) the zoas will grow over the disk and in time you won't even see it anymore. hope that helps.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright Here are some pics!!!

Fish002.jpg

Fish003.jpg

Fish004.jpg

Fish005.jpg

Fish006.jpg

Fish007.jpg

The zoas in the top right of the one pic are also from the swap. After further inspection of them last night it appears to have about 3 possibly 4 different zoas in the one frag.

Eric

mark_molly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooo la la! everyone's tanks are looking fantastic!! Thanks for sharing :) I always love seeing new pics.

John - do you think you'll plan another meet like this for next year? I won't be missing it if you do.... no pressure or anything. :p

-Molly

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, discussing making it an annual thing. a lot of people couldn't make it to this one. i already have commitment for more donations if we run with it again. looking likely. we'll see what the magic 8 ball says... :)

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are the things WE got from the meet and we are greatful for :)

carbon reactor (yep its running as of last night!!)

reactor.jpg

goochers!!

goochers-3.jpg

now john..can you help me with the names on these 2 again...there was a lot of things going on and i heard purple for one of them....dahhhhh...

sps1.jpg

sps2.jpg

crabbejoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the little hairs were out on the blueridge frag today! This is the first blueridge I've had, so it's kind of cool!

DSCF1483.jpg

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom - the top pic is from the merulinidae family - a hydnophora. Interesting SPS that likes high light and medium flow. I can actually see mine feed on particulate matter from my homemade frozen mix. Once it gets happy it can grow fast. Depending on your light and flow it can grow with sharp flat blades or rounded clubs. Mine gets club ends. Can sting the crap out of others though, so give it some space :)

Bottom pic a pocillopora damicornis unless someone can correct me. This one gets a little more reddish purple in high light and flow. The green one I have grows like crazy in high light under the 400s.

Joe - The polyps on the blue ridge only come out if the light and flow are right, so you must have found a good spot. It'll look a lot cooler once it develops the ridge form. Interesting and unique piece no matter what.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back