DSLR Sony A6000 settings

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a photographer by any stretch. But I do own a Sony A6000, yesterday I went and got set up with a nice macro lens. I’m wanting the nice closeups of my acros.

I fully intend on spending some time to dig into the vast amount of features and settings the camera and lens have. But just for the application of macro shots on my acros. Can somebody help with the basic grab and go settings that I should know about right off bat?

What I have so far is… put it on the tripod… set in “Aperture” mode….use the timer to get the shot, manually adjust the focus with the lens..

That’s it. I know there’s gotta be more to crack open some more potential here.

I ordered a B85 filter, so for now until that arrives I’m just trying to get the functions and settings down. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you!

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a quick article to get you started. I usually encourage keeping the ISO at 100 or lower. Make sure to use a shutter speed based on what you want to catch. For non-moving coral, 1/60 is usually good. For moving coral, you'll need around 1/250 for really nice results. There is a good chance you'll need to either increase the ISO (losing quality) or increase the lights (I put OR3 Blue bars over the tanks for photo time)

Hope this helps get you started in your way!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back