DSLR Sony A6000 settings

legacy2mj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
406
Reaction score
135
Location
Lone Tree, Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a photographer by any stretch. But I do own a Sony A6000, yesterday I went and got set up with a nice macro lens. I’m wanting the nice closeups of my acros.

I fully intend on spending some time to dig into the vast amount of features and settings the camera and lens have. But just for the application of macro shots on my acros. Can somebody help with the basic grab and go settings that I should know about right off bat?

What I have so far is… put it on the tripod… set in “Aperture” mode….use the timer to get the shot, manually adjust the focus with the lens..

That’s it. I know there’s gotta be more to crack open some more potential here.

I ordered a B85 filter, so for now until that arrives I’m just trying to get the functions and settings down. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you!
 
Here's a quick article to get you started. I usually encourage keeping the ISO at 100 or lower. Make sure to use a shutter speed based on what you want to catch. For non-moving coral, 1/60 is usually good. For moving coral, you'll need around 1/250 for really nice results. There is a good chance you'll need to either increase the ISO (losing quality) or increase the lights (I put OR3 Blue bars over the tanks for photo time)

https://reefstable.com/blog/reef-tank-photography-using-a-camera

Hope this helps get you started in your way!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new