Needed attributes of lens

  • Thread starter Thread starter legacy2mj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

legacy2mj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
406
Reaction score
135
Location
Lone Tree, Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in blowing the dust off a nice Sony DSLR camera I own. I believe a new lens will be needed for capturing beautiful close up shots of my coral… Acros specifically…
What are the important attributes the lens should have? I’m not any sort of professional, not even close! Just a reef junkie who wants to be able to take cool awesome pictures.

I can probably only guess 1…. Macro… haha that’s about the extent of my photography knowledge. But, if I’m set up properly and only have to learn and fine tune.. I’m very co didn’t in my ability to do that. Thanks all!
 
If shooting through the glass a lens hood will help with reflection.

If shooting from up top, one of those clear cup looking things to allow you to go through the water ( sorry blanking on what it's called).

A orange lens filter.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new