Biggest Asterina star i've ever seen !!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I noticed a reduction in my BamBam zoa colony. Been peeking around my cube tank and nothing unusual. I remembered today I have a pair of reading glasses for those brochures where the writing is ridiculously tiny
And look what I found !!!! The things was slightly larger than a Penny !!!

1576117386390.png

Legendary Corals

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not certain that is an asterina. Generally they are misshapen and missing some arms or parts of arms. I often see them with only one or two arms. I have seen some with all the arms intact but they are generally lighter almost white in color.

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah it might just be a starfish that hitchhiked and grew. Asterina snails sometimes are perfectly shaped, so I'm saying this mostly due to the size. It'd be nice to see if it grew any larger.

OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not certain that is an asterina. Generally they are misshapen and missing some arms or parts of arms. I often see them with only one or two arms. I have seen some with all the arms intact but they are generally lighter almost white in color.
I turned it over and compared to a smaller one and was identical in every manner

Corals.com

lynncgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Agree!

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
I turned it over and compared to a smaller one and was identical in every manner
Its definitely an asterina, I've removed some as big as my thumb. Most people aren't used to seeing them in perfect shape like yours.

mkwarner77

View Badges
Reaction score
agree, all of mine are white,or almost white, and every one i've seen in my lfs is as well

https://www.omegasea.net/

How often do you "endorse" reef aquarium products?

• Every Chance I get

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Only In Certain Situations

Votes: 186 46.5%
  • Not Too Often

Votes: 137 34.3%
  • Never

Votes: 53 13.3%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 5 1.3%

Online statistics

Members online