Bimaculatus Anthias Questions...

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Trio of female Bimaculatus from Divers Den 3 days ago. They are currently in Quarantine and one of the Anthias has not eaten in the last 2 days. I have fed Pe Mysis, Frozen Reef Frenzy, various pellets, various flakes. One of the Anthias seems to be bullying the other two. This is the first time I have tried to keep Anthias and I'm looking for suggestions. I have a 2nd Quarantine tanks setup and can easily separate the trio if needed. Thanks in advance.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bimac's are pretty aggressive Anthias. When you have a trio, you're going to have aggression between them until the pecking order is worked out. Unfortunately, there can be deaths in the process. Separating them usually doesn't help because they will start fighting when you place them in your DT. Of course there are exceptions, depending on the fish and your tank.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Provide plenty of cover for the subordinate fish. They form a hierarchy, so a degree of bullying is to be expected. Bimacs are usually pretty durable, so handle the hierarchical aggression fine.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back