Bio-Cross Contamination Questions

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My sps system is fighting chrysophytes currently. Ironically, a week after my other display (mixed) appears to have gotten past LCA Dino’s, sigh.

I have a handful of frags that I want to move from my SPS tank with chrysofytes to my other display. Should I dip in Revive, will that prevent or is it possible to prevent, or infect, my mixed tank with chrysophytes from the sps tank?

Anyone beat chrysophytes? What did you do, I’ve read all the threads here, it looks like we are still tossing the fish room sink at it. I just put a 25% dose of Algaefix in the tank. My nutrients got out of whack while I was away. I’m working to get that back in order, but I think the chrysophytes will make that challenging. I’ve lost some snails and emeralds already. I fear further loss, I am running GAC to catch toxins. TIA

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does revive kill algae? Maybe try peroxide. But these shouldn't be too hard to eradicate in the SPS system.

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can’t dip Acros in h202 I thought, in fact I painted some Acros plugs and must have hit some of the sticks and their slime coat was stripped and within hours they were pure white.

People report dosing h202 like we do with Dino’s has no impact on the golden slime.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah peroxide and acros are a no go.

I think you'll get more answers in the nusiance algae forum. I've never seen this stuff not just go away on it's own.

OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah peroxide and acros are a no go.

I think you'll get more answers in the nusiance algae forum. I've never seen this stuff not just go away on it's own.
Surprisingly I did something that has moved the needle. I’d say 80% is gone, no stringy stuff. Not sure which lever did it though - 3ML of Algaefix to 70g system. Stopping NoPox or a functioning UV. I did these Saturday and wild results today.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back