Bio Pellets in an AIO?

pompeyjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried in the past with a barebottom tank. It was very difficult to keep it stable. I think due to the smaller water volume without the buffering capability of the sand. Did you try it? How are you getting on? I am still hopeful that biopellets can be a solution for us nano aio reefers.

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do. I have Marine Pure balls in a media mag in the 2nd chamber of my Fusion Nano. I also have the stock filter socks but I just ordered 2 IM media baskets for carbon and a foam filter. I still plan on keeping the bio balls. Figure it can't hurt.

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems like it should definitely be possible. once you get biopellets churning you hardly ever have to mess with the flow. keep us updated if you find something that works. i'd like to try it too. nopox i am finding is more trouble than it is worth.

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use BRS Bio pellets in my system. Along with that I run GFO and refugium. I havent seen any issues so far. Been running for the last 2 months

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back