Biocube 14 build/ questions / beyond

jguerin88

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2018
Messages
851
Reaction score
288
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys long time reefer. Just got a 14 gallon biocube jr for my work desk.



As the biocube sits i’ve got 13 lbs or arragonite sand , 8-9 lbs of tonga dry rock , 75watt cobalt heater , innovative marine mighty jet 538 on the lowest setting and about 10 gallons of saltwater. the tank started cycling yesterday. Now for goals /plans:

step 1

cycle for 2-3 weeks then add 2 designer clowns



step 2

at week 4-6 add a cuc



step 3

month 8-12 add one of the following : a rainbow carpet nem goal size is dinner plate (will start small for obvious reasons lol) , or a couple colorado or chicago sunburst nems (not mixing don’t worry)



step 4

the next week i’ll add some sexy shrimp and then wait for the nems to settle and then will probably get some corals when the nems settle down long term





ok now that you guys have the back story / build etc I have some questions.



  1. looking for recommendations for chamber 1 or middle chamber skimmer ?
  2. Anyone measure the par on the stock leds ?
  3. has anyone upgraded the lighting under the hood ? ( i’m not interested in going lidless so don’t go there lol)
  4. any additional upgrades / mods recommendations ?


looking for info ONLY related to the 14 gallon biocube jr

thank you in advance for any info
 
1741457689217.jpeg


From what I understand, this is the go-to lighting upgrade for an inside the BioCube hood lighting upgrade. :)
 
1741457689217.jpeg


From what I understand, this is the go-to lighting upgrade for an inside the BioCube hood lighting upgrade. :)
hi thank you for the response , so where i’m confused is i believe this is for the old biocube 14 . the new 14 jrs come with leds built in in
 
Ah. I thought a "Jr." meant it was just an older 14 gallon, and not a newer 16 gallon. I must be behind the time with BioCubes. (I own a 16 and a 32.)
 
Ah. I thought a "Jr." meant it was just an older 14 gallon, and not a newer 16 gallon. I must be behind the time with BioCubes. (I own a 16 and a 32.)
yeah it’s got some good creature comforts as far as improvements . i’m a big biocube fan , this was a quick dopamine hit decision
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new