biocube 14 lighting

Polishpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I would like to upgrade my lighting in my biocube and was wondering what my options are. This is what it came with. Thanks for the help
IMG_20140119_085718_421.jpg

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you consider removing the lid? A buddy of mine put a 150w Metal Halide over his. You might be able to jam some reefbrite LED's into that lid though if you want to keep it. A kessil fixture would be nice too.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if I removed the lid that cats would be trying to get into it.

lol,...we would have the same issue, keeping the *****'s out of it. I want to use a Kessil, but we have to put a glass, plexiglas/acrylic drilled plate on top. The halide would be too hot.

Gauge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I have the stevesled mod for mine. It grows sps fine although I've only ever tried pocillopora in it.

OP
OP
Polishpower

Polishpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you guys suggest on the color of the lights it comes with royal blue and white but it has an option to add different colors. Do I need any other colors? Also has anyone put this together is it fairly easy? Would you suggest the dimmable or nondimmable kit?

PepperDeath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed rapid led about the color combo and asked a ton on the forums to come up with my mix which is 7- royal blue
3- blue
8- cool white
1- green
1- red
5- uv
1-cyan
I just added the cyan and another uv. This is what everyone seems to think was good. But mine is for the 29 gallon so you won't need that many. But to give you an idea. It's not that bad to put together. The hardest part for me was I had to get a multi meter and figure how many milliamps to turn the drivers to for each strand of LEDs down to. Definitely do the dimmable kit with the plug and plays less your good at soldering

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed rapid led about the color combo and asked a ton on the forums to come up with my mix which is 7- royal blue
3- blue
8- cool white
1- green
1- red
5- uv
1-cyan
I just added the cyan and another uv. This is what everyone seems to think was good. But mine is for the 29 gallon so you won't need that many. But to give you an idea. It's not that bad to put together. The hardest part for me was I had to get a multi meter and figure how many milliamps to turn the drivers to for each strand of LEDs down to. Definitely do the dimmable kit with the plug and plays less your good at soldering

Don't you need a controller like the Apex to operate the Rapid LED dimmable kit ?

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a kessil a150 ocean blue over my biocube 14, and I love it. Color is awesome and you can cut some plexiglass or glass to use as a covering.

Back