Biocube 14

clem1975

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had success with stock lighting on a biocube 14? I'm doing all softies.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some biocube 14's with stock lighting stocked with zoas and a few other soft corals with no problem

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had success with stock lighting on a biocube 14? I'm doing all softies.

I had stock actinic on my 12g nanocube and grew softies without a problem. I upgraded to leds and the colors are better but the corals grew just fine without them.

DaLee30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a biocube 14 and i just switched over to leds...I removed the lid and hung an AI nano, no complaints so far....but anyway my girlfriend has the biocube 29 and she is running the stock lighting and she is having some good growth on her hammers, green star polyps, and mushrooms...only thing that didnt do well was the trumpet not too sure why...You will have to watch for algae growth though because we would run them all (LED accent strip/white/actinic) for 12 hours a day and had to dial them down to 10 hrs

OP
OP
clem1975

clem1975

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I have now went to rapid led replacement kit and like it allot more then the stock lights. Heat control is much better as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back