biocube 32

bonesbiocubereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Hey guys this is my biocube 32 I’m attempting to make a reef out of and I just wanted to come on here and ask people for there advice on keeping a successful biocube reef and changes I could make so don’t be afraid to criticize my tank I’m here to learn from my mistakes and to do better

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok how would I go about that can I just add new dry rock to the tank or is there any process to that
I would just add a couple pieces at a time, then wait a month or two before the next addition. If you add too much at once it will unsettle the tank.

Or else cycle the rock in a seperate container, then you can add it all at once after they are cured ( I would cure them 2-3 months at least).

A 32 gallon should have 25-35 lbs of rock IMO

Asm481

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you add rock from the gulf you get tons of neat things. Lots of different critters you will discover. Cost more but I would do it again. Shipped in water overnight from either tampa bay saltwater or kpaquatics.com

OP
OP
B

bonesbiocubereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you add rock from the gulf you get tons of neat things. Lots of different critters you will discover. Cost more but I would do it again. Shipped in water overnight from either tampa bay saltwater or kpaquatics.com
I actually live right next to the gulf in the keys I wonder if I could just grab a few and put them in my tank

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak to the legality of taking rocks from the ocean, but I bought mine from Tampa bay and they had excellent rock. Came in with tons of life and several corals. My favorite part is actually the sand. Best sand I have ever had!

OP
OP
B

bonesbiocubereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak to the legality of taking rocks from the ocean, but I bought mine from Tampa bay and they had excellent rock. Came in with tons of life and several corals. My favorite part is actually the sand. Best sand I have ever had!
True I guess I didn’t really think about the legality of it thanks for tip tho man

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Hey guys this is my biocube 32 I’m attempting to make a reef out of and I just wanted to come on here and ask people for there advice on keeping a successful biocube reef and changes I could make so don’t be afraid to criticize my tank I’m here to learn from my mistakes and to do better
Might want to look at the lights, I have the same tank and couldnt keep corals in there at all. I think it was the light to be honest. Theres some people on here with amazing bio cubes that did a different light!

Ps cute little clowns :)

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you want to throw that tank into start over mode, slow is the way to go. Get a 10g petco special or a bucket from HD and cycle the new rocks, live or not. Start with a rinse in regular rodi water, then into some salt water, then over time you do your water change from the biocube into that QT tank as it's water change, eventually it has basically the same water. The shock value moving to the display tank eventually is minimalized a bunch. not perfect but it gives you the change to avoid spikes, avoid introducing bad guys if you find them in that QT, and should create a higher chance of success since any die off should happen in the QT process. the above is my opinion and not based on science just my years of experience and painful lessons learned.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back