Biocube 16gal upgrade return pump? Powerhead? ATO?

indiana812

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2021
Messages
96
Reaction score
49
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive posted quite a bit about my 16gal cube, and I sincerely appreciate all the input I've gotten this far!

I have been reading of people upgrading their return pump in chamber 3.
I have read some post that mention the Cobalt MJ900. I bought my 16 gal Biocube used, the return pump isnt causing me any issues, just continuously thinking how I can improve the tank.

I also have thought about possibly getting a smaller powerhead?
I currently have Jebao OW-10 Wavemaker 132-1057 GPH with Controller and Magnet Mount but I bought a "guard" that wont get here for a few more days, so it has been turned off since my new RBTA is getting acclimated to the tank (although I put him by a crevice in my live rock, and didnt realize he would go directly in the crevice and not come out LOL.)

I have also been thinking possibly an ATO system?
I do not have a lid on the tank as I just use a flex mount AI PRIME 16HD, I check the water levels every morning before I leave for work and add RO as needed which is usually only about half a cup. I am going out of town in a few weeks, and that would put my mind at ease to not having someone check my water levels every morning.
-I will say, my tank is in the corner of my room, so I dont have a ton of space. I have my bucket stacked next to the tank, but not a whole lot of roaming room.

Any recommendations?

​

 
Save your money, if the return pump is working fine for you no need to change it just because you think it's an upgrade, all pumps do the same thing, if the noise isn't an issue for you or something else then no need to change it, you could always buy a spare though.

An ATO is worth getting, Tunze nano is the one I have, the smart micro ato gets good reviews too.
 
Save your money, if the return pump is working fine for you no need to change it just because you think it's an upgrade, all pumps do the same thing, if the noise isn't an issue for you or something else then no need to change it, you could always buy a spare though.

An ATO is worth getting, Tunze nano is the one I have, the smart micro ato gets good reviews too.
Thank you for the response! Im glad I had some validation on the return pump!

ATO it is! I appreciate you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new