OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s too bad! Was it the meniscus you tore? I wish you a fast recovery.
It was the meniscus and since they tried to repair it once and it failed they said it would be a 0% chance of success if they repaired it again, so they are removing it. Thank you, I hope its fast as well!

Last edited:

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I picked up a seasons greeting monti as well from the sale. They look really cool. I have the hipargero 30w led set for delivery tomorrow. How has been your experience with the light so far?

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a seasons greeting monti as well from the sale. They look really cool. I have the hipargero 30w led set for delivery tomorrow. How has been your experience with the light so far?
Nice I like the seasons greeting as well! So far the light has been great, I am a little bit nervous about it being strong enough for the Blueberry stylo. I plan to start it in the middle of the rockwork and slowly move it up. I think if it's on the top rock it should get plenty of flow and light.

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up the new coral today, they look amazing already got great polyp extension! I guess I can officially say I have a mixed reef :D Now let's hope I can keep them alive haha.
20200609_191614.jpg

20200609_191633.jpg

20200609_191557.jpg

Also got the last door and side on the stand. Working on the finishing trim pieces then it will be finished!

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! I have always wanted a stylo. I’ve seen some great samples of the Jedi kind trick as well. Nice pick ups! Welcome to the mixed reef club!
Thanks! Let's hope I can keep them alive haha I really like them so far. I'll try and get a better picture of the Mindtrick tomorrow it's got pinks, blues, greens and reds. It is amazing!

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting here recovering. Surgery went well but they said there was a lot more damage than they had first thought. So unfortunately they cut a lot out which means eventually there will be discomfort again and I'm going to have to live with some pain. They want to hold off on a total knee replacement until I'm older.
20200611_214421.jpg

On the positive side I should be back on my feet in a couple of days. I do enjoy sitting and looking at the tank, Blueberry stylo looks great so far! Getting a lot of polyp extension and it seems to like the Red Sea AB+. I think my next major project is to start putting the frag tank back together. Zoas are growing like crazy and I am in need of space, should be fun to put that together!

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting here recovering. Surgery went well but they said there was a lot more damage than they had first thought. So unfortunately they cut a lot out which means eventually there will be discomfort again and I'm going to have to live with some pain. They want to hold off on a total knee replacement until I'm older.
20200611_214421.jpg

On the positive side I should be back on my feet in a couple of days. I do enjoy sitting and looking at the tank, Blueberry stylo looks great so far! Getting a lot of polyp extension and it seems to like the Red Sea AB+. I think my next major project is to start putting the frag tank back together. Zoas are growing like crazy and I am in need of space, should be fun to put that together!
Wow they sliced you up already! They weren’t messing around. Good to hear it went well though! Enjoy some guilt free couch sitting and reef watching!

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started walking around for the first time yesterday without crutches, really weird feeling! So today I decided that since I can bend and walk a little that I would mount my Blueberry stylo and Jedi Mindtrick. Glued them on top of the rockwork so they are closest to the light. I'm nervous that I may have hurt the Jedi Mindtrick. When I was cutting the stems off the plugs the Jedi Mindtrick rolled across the cutting board, now there is weird strings attached to it. Has anyone ever seen this?
20200615_182050.jpg

Everything else seems happy. Hopefully I didn't kill it :(. I also got an email today saying that the WaveEngine I won has been shipped! Can't wait to start setting it up. I think I'm going to treat myself for father's day and get the Icecap 2K. I already bought the direct drive cable so I only need the pump!
20200615_182057.jpg

20200615_182116.jpg

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure it’s fine. Just a mucous secreation that acros produce to protect themselves when they get bumped. Mine do it all the time. Congrats on the wave engine and good luck with the icecap 2k. I have mine running just one propeller in the back running vertical on the lowest setting. They really move the water. It was the only way I could run mine with out a sand storm, or with out one of my LPS looking like it was going to get torn apart. They are great pumps though.

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure it’s fine. Just a mucous secreation that acros produce to protect themselves when they get bumped. Mine do it all the time. Congrats on the wave engine and good luck with the icecap 2k. I have mine running just one propeller in the back running vertical on the lowest setting. They really move the water. It was the only way I could run mine with out a sand storm, or with out one of my LPS looking like it was going to get torn apart. They are great pumps though.
Awesome thanks I'll just keep an eye on it. I think the 2k will only stay in the biocube for a little while, I think once I'm done fixing and converting the acrylic tank into a frag tank I'm going to move it into there.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the stand painted thanks to my little helper!
20200503_133715.jpg

20200503_143854.jpg

20200503_143908.jpg

20200503_143920.jpg

Moved it inside to transfer the tank over so it can be moved off the wall. Almost finished the ship lap wall then we are painting the wall that was behind the tank since it is moved and we wanted to paint eventually. Found out that I unwillingly built a viewing platform for the cat .
20200504_100300.jpg

Got my order from BRS the other day so now it's time to try my hand at homemade frozen food
20200501_132056.jpg
Love the Little Helper and the Tank Monitor!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope you feel better soon!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back