Biocube 29 Tank Flow

Flyntm08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon reefers!

Being extremely new to the hobby. I am trying to figure out the best flow for my tank. I currently have a biocube 29 and a very small live stock at this time. I was running one sicce voyager nano 2000(530gph) and felt it might not be enough as I had some dead spots behind the rockscape. I added a second nano 2000 and now it seems like it may be too much. Any advice or opinions on this? Anyone with a similar setup on the biocube and what you are running?
PXL_20240127_203401666.NIGHT.jpg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be fine, I used to have 2 gyres in my 32 gallon, you can almost never go wrong with more flow. I also have 2 sicce voyager nano's in my 15 gallon.

Point one of the powerheads up at the water surface. It should not be flat like that, it should be turbulent, this helps gas exchange and helps oxygenate the water.

OP
OP
Flyntm08

Flyntm08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice rock scape!
Thank you, it has claimed one victim so far. Last week, Akon "my cardinalfish", got stuck trying to go between two rocks, because the swim through wasn't big enough for him. Before I got home to see him stuck, the hermits had already started feasting on him. :(

stalkem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What return do you have? I recently upgrades to the VCA Dual Flex Series FWG, and then I have a a Hydro Koralia Nano across the front right (to left) on my BioCube 29. I upgraded the return pump to a SICCE Syncra Silent 1.5, but it pumps out through a Coralife Turbo-Twist 3X before coming back to the return nozzles. Idk, kind of underwhelmed at how the return flow looks, but they keep the top moving nicely. I usually turn everything off to feed (especially for the dragonet), and usually turn the return pump on first to get things moving, then when I kick on the powerhead, it really gets everything stirred up and moving from where it's settled. Only real dead spots seem to be in my little rock cave, which I guess is expected.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back