Biocube 32 filtration

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for all you biocube people. I have a new 1 month old biocube 32 DT is clear and cycle finished about 2 weeks ago, had some diatoms but mostly gone now. Weekly water test shows everything is good. This morning when I came down found 1 of my clowns nowhere to be found. Frantically started searching after checking rocks and caves found him in 3rd chamber with return pump. How he got there is a whole separate conversation. I took return pump out so i could net him and put him back in tank. Anyway while doing this i noticed a moderate amount of debris and junk in 3rd chamber. I run the stock filter and below that i keep filter floss and in bottom a bag of matrix. Tomorrow i plan on taking everything out of all 3 chambers and remove water, clean everything. My question is after water passes thru all the filter stuff why is the water in chamber 3 so dirty? Is there anything else I can do filtration wise to keep it from happening again. I’m also gonna do 1st water change along with cleaning everything. Also noticed the plastic tubing from circulation pump is dirty and brown inside. Will bottle brush that. I would have thought that the water in chamber 3 should be clean and clear after passing thru chamber 2. HELP with any ideas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet it is on the way. I was going to put it in chamber 1 with the heater. I’m concerned about the gunk in chamber 3. I would have thought after passing thru filtration in chamber 2 that chamber 3 would be clean

vest596

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet it is on the way. I was going to put it in chamber 1 with the heater. I’m concerned about the gunk in chamber 3. I would have thought after passing thru filtration in chamber 2 that chamber 3 would be clean
There is a inTank fish saver guard for the biocube there’s a slit that runs across the back fish and stuff can go through that’s probably your issue.

Galliente

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also get the debris at the bottom of the 3rd chamber. Never messed with it and it's never been a prob. I dont plan to clean it out. I do use filter floss skimmer refug but particles are bound to flow thru and settle. I say dont stress on the debris.

The intank fish guard seems like a good buy for you tho. I have never had my fish jump to the chambers.

Back