Biocube 32

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today is the day, went ahead and got it started, even though our lovely fragile fedex drives destroyed my arch rock, a few jugs of water, and a few other odds and ends. But the supplier is gonna make it right. Currently have 20lbs of live sand, 20lbs of dry live starter rock until my new arches arrive, and filled with nutri seawater to get a jump-start. Will be added Dr. Tims tomorrow to begin the cycle once the cloudiness is gone. More to come.
20230321_143750.jpg
20230321_164230.jpg

JamesTh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool that you’re starting a reef tank, but sorry that some things broke! Looking forward to hearing what you do with it though :)

Have you thought about what kind of fish and corals you’re going to have?

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool that you’re starting a reef tank, but sorry that some things broke! Looking forward to hearing what you do with it though :)

Have you thought about what kind of fish and corals you’re going to have?
I'm a big fan of most LPS corals, and fish are a pair of clowns, six line wrasse, yellow watchmaking maybe one or two more beside the cleaning crew

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never have I had a tank cycle this fast...ammonia and nitrite zero'd out in 4 days. Nitrate is at 5ppm so decided to wait on water change. Will be keeping a close eye on parameters. Dr Tims one and only sure did good. For now welcome our golden stripe maroon clown and black ocellaris clown. Also a dozen blue legged hermits.
20230326_123332.jpg

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: as I was expecting I did get hit by a second cycle but everything except for 2 of the blue legged hermits made it through. Ammonia has dropped back to basically 0 and nitrite is almost back down as well. Nitrate has held between 10-15 so im happy with that. Clowns have decided to host the bottom right corner near one of the filter vents but do come out all the time. The little maroon one has actually taken some food by hand which has been pretty cool.

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: as I was expecting I did get hit by a second cycle but everything except for 2 of the blue legged hermits made it through. Ammonia has dropped back to basically 0 and nitrite is almost back down as well. Nitrate has held between 10-15 so im happy with that. Clowns have decided to host the bottom right corner near one of the filter vents but do come out all the time. The little maroon one has actually taken some food by hand which has been pretty cool.
Clowns are such goofballs; mine have recently started hosting the TOP right vent! Haha :D so cool your little one is eating put of your hand!!! Can’t wait to see how your tank progresses! :)

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Tank parameters have been stable for a week now and have started stocking. What's in the tank at the moment.

Fish/invertebrates:
Black ocellaris clown
Gold stripe maroon ocellaris clown
2x blue damsels
Six line wrasse
Diamondback watchmen goby
Briddle starfish
Skunk cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
6x astrea snails
12x blue legged hermits

Coral:
Green indigo torch
Gold tipped hammer
Green star polyps
Lava lamp mushrooms (which also has some gsp)
Rainbow goniopora

After talking with some people on here, decided to add the intank filter basket and fuge basket along with chateo from algebarn and add some reef bars in add more blue essence. All of which is come this week so will update then.
Been hilarious watching the goby pick up the shells and spit them in the rocks, few hermits have been taken on a ride. As for the moment everyone seems to be happy.

20230408_231139.jpg

Attachments

• 20230409_091841_1.mp4
    94.4 MB
Last edited:

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Tank parameters have been stable for a week now and have started stocking. What's in the tank at the moment.

Fish/invertebrates:
Black ocellaris clown
2x blue damsels
Six line wrasse
Briddle starfish
Skunk cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
6x astrea snails
12x blue legged hermits

Coral:
Green indigo torch
Gold tipped hammer
Green star polyps
Rainbow goniopora

After talking with some people on here, decided to add the intank filter basket and fuge basket along with chateo from algebarn and add some reef bars in add more blue essence. All of which is come this week so will update then.
Been hilarious watching the goby pick up the shells and spit them in the rocks, few hermits have been taken on a ride. As for the moment everyone seems to be happy.

20230408_231139.jpg
Glad stocking is going well for you!!

sadrobotz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fish/invertebrates:
Black ocellaris clown
2x blue damsels
Six line wrasse
Briddle starfish
Skunk cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
6x astrea snails
12x blue legged hermits

Coral:
Green indigo torch
Gold tipped hammer
Green star polyps
Rainbow goniopora

20230408_231139.jpg
This is an awesome thread and really cool tank, too! i am new to saltwater and my first tank is a biocube 32, it just got done cycling and i am about to add two clowns and a mushroom frag!

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome thread and really cool tank, too! i am new to saltwater and my first tank is a biocube 32, it just got done cycling and i am about to add two clowns and a mushroom frag!
That's awesome, be sure to post a build thread for us to see

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too much has changed other some equipment and a couple of critters. The two clowns I had turned extremely violent with each other so my LFS took them in and traded me two large gorgeous orange feather dusters. There was nothing wrong with the factory media basket but was alot of wasted space so I got the intank filter basket and fuge basket. Added blue reef lights which seems to have perked up my corals. Ordered a pair of Gold lightning maroon clowns that came in today and have already stared exploring and have been sticking with eachother. Last thing is I did get a small rainbow bubble tip anemone that is beginning to show its self more and more.

Have been asked about my filtration so here it is.
Chamber 1 has two marine pure biocubes, cobalt heater, coralife biocube protein skimmer V2.
Chamber 2 is the intank media basket with filter floss, chemipure blue, and matrix media. Fuge has 3 more biocubes and cheato with a innovative marine fuge light.
Chamber 3 has a media bag full of marine pure ceramic bioballs, temp probe and return pump.
20230418_125655.jpg
20230418_125647.jpg
20230418_125640.jpg

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hit up a local frag swap today, picked up several corals.

Etto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too much has changed other some equipment and a couple of critters. The two clowns I had turned extremely violent with each other so my LFS took them in and traded me two large gorgeous orange feather dusters. There was nothing wrong with the factory media basket but was alot of wasted space so I got the intank filter basket and fuge basket. Added blue reef lights which seems to have perked up my corals. Ordered a pair of Gold lightning maroon clowns that came in today and have already stared exploring and have been sticking with eachother. Last thing is I did get a small rainbow bubble tip anemone that is beginning to show its self more and more.

Have been asked about my filtration so here it is.
Chamber 1 has two marine pure biocubes, cobalt heater, coralife biocube protein skimmer V2.
Chamber 2 is the intank media basket with filter floss, chemipure blue, and matrix media. Fuge has 3 more biocubes and cheato with a innovative marine fuge light.
Chamber 3 has a media bag full of marine pure ceramic bioballs, temp probe and return pump.
20230418_125655.jpg
20230418_125647.jpg
20230418_125640.jpg

Nice build. I think I could use a bit more light in my biocube as well. Can I ask what they are and where you got them. Thanks

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back