OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you set them too? Have the same tank and my corals hated it so it ruined the tank for me and now its just a QT. I would love to re start though
I believe they were preset (2 years ago next month). I believe at some point In my build thread I added 2 actinic blue strip leds. I added them solely for the purpose of more blues since when the lights are on 100% the colors of my corals would wash out but you can see in the thread prior to the addition everything was growing well including my beginner sps. I would be happy to help with getting your cube back and running as a DT so feel free to hit me up with any questions. Happy reefing.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I will for sure reach out to you for help with getting it back up and running! Need to get my other nano fixed (or consolidate to the 32) before I start! Plus I still need to QT some future live stock. I really appreciate the offer and will for sure take you up on it soon
I believe they were preset (2 years ago next month). I believe at some point In my build thread I added 2 actinic blue strip leds. I added them solely for the purpose of more blues since when the lights are on 100% the colors of my corals would wash out but you can see in the thread prior to the addition everything was growing well including my beginner sps. I would be happy to help with getting your cube back and running as a DT so feel free to hit me up with any questions. Happy reefing.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post updates on the amphipods you ordered once they come in and if they populate well? I had a TON in my old tank but don't have a lot in my current. Granted I have 3 wrasses :upside-down-face:
I got them safe and sound yesterday. Dinkins is great! I added them after lights out. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Happy reefing.
188D6735-77D4-4047-B98B-1916473FF3AA.jpeg

Leslie_Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow totally forgot to post a 1 year photo. Its is actually over 13 months. Still have some spaces to fill in but I’m being picky. I have fragged half my birdsnest ( it needs done again), two heads of my NY Knicks Torch, two heads of my orange tipped frogspawn and my gsp to free up some real estate.
6172BA3F-BD5A-4CDE-B089-0285A40264BE.jpeg
wow, love the colours!

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking I might try your schedule. I’ve been using 1:11-19, 2:10:30-19, 3:7-22
How long do you think I’d need to acclimate new times over? I have it plugged into a APC UPS so I don’t have to keep re-programming. I wish the lighting had memory. Slightest glitch it would reset.

Your tank looks great.

Attachments

• IMG_9591.jpeg
    IMG_9591.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 98
OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking I might try your schedule. I’ve been using 1:11-19, 2:10:30-19, 3:7-22
How long do you think I’d need to acclimate new times over? I have it plugged into a APC UPS so I don’t have to keep re-programming. I wish the lighting had memory. Slightest glitch it would reset.

Your tank looks great.
I went with the standard twelve hours, but slowly ramped down full whites to just 5 hours over the course of a few months.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the standard twelve hours, but slowly ramped down full whites to just 5 hours over the course of a few months.
I'm sure this will aid in the heat generated too. Not using a chiller (only heater) and the lights raise the temp 2 degrees. I was going to leave the door open and tape window screen there but then I'd possibly have to RO it for salinity increase daily. I currently don't have noticeable evap over my 2 week water changes so id rather not have to ATO it. Are you running the stock the filtration too? I split mine with the InTank baskets and fish guard but never started the fuge. the smaller floss footprint though increases change out intervals so may swap it back.

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Wow! WOW! :star-struck: Absolutely gorgeous!!! I’ve been on the fence about my next tank (limited options with lids!!) but I think I’ll follow in your footsteps!!! :grinning-face: Your tank is stunning.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well two years ago from today I added water , rock and sand. Here it is 2 years later. A lot of ups but had my share of downs.
EBDA54F5-EDDB-4D01-ADD5-B1D89C1F7635.jpeg
Wow! Looks better than most big tanks- small can be mighty! Your placement of corals really showcases each one. I like that I can focus on each one.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, what a genuine compliment! I will continue to keep you in my prayers as your battle continues and best luck with your reef. I will have to revisit your thread to see the progress.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, what a genuine compliment! I will continue to keep you in my prayers as your battle continues and best luck with your reef. I will have to revisit your thread to see the progress.
Easy to be genuine when something moves you.
Thank you Kev for your prayers and support of my lil ocean build. In my mind, my tank will look as successful as yours, but I will enjoy either way.
Plan on buying corals during Black Friday weekend and plan on a few fish so my Christmas-time update will be of substance.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it a molt or did it Maximus your emarald?
No to both, the old guy, I believe succumbed to the end of a long life. He spent his last three days in my birdsnest with cloudy eyes. I found him in the morning with my nassarius snails and hermits feasting. He was about the size of a quarter and I have had him just under two years. I got a replacement today with some additional cuc, blood red cleaner shrimp and a rfa. The owner said “I need to get more rfas “ and I thought, please don’t. I have 8 now! I think I need help.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No to both, the old guy, I believe succumbed to the end of a long life. He spent his last three days in my birdsnest with cloudy eyes. I found him in the morning with my nassarius snails and hermits feasting. He was about the size of a quarter and I have had him just under two years. I got a replacement today with some additional cuc, blood red cleaner shrimp and a rfa. The owner said “I need to get more rfas “ and I thought, please don’t. I have 8 now! I think I need help.
You can never have enough RFA’s :winking-face:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back