Biocube 8 help.

Bville_EMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, Newby here and in need of some help. I've had a 25 gallon rimless cube (freshwater) for about 2 years and I love it, I'm not taking on a new challenge and would like some input.
I acquired a biocube 8 from a friend of a friend about a year ago and it's finally time to set it up. I need suggestions for set up, filtration, is a skimmer necessary if so recommendations for what to get etc. I'm really looking to get as much information about this tank and what I should do for a nice set up. Any and all info would be great.

Waterchange

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a tank that size, skimmer isn't necessary...just keep up with water change. I'd keep things as simple as possible, you could upgrade the lights with a diy led kit that will benefit you in the long run. For your filtration I'd just throw a bag of seachem purigen in it, if that. Water changes will be the most important thing though.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a tank that size, skimmer isn't necessary...just keep up with water change. I'd keep things as simple as possible, you could upgrade the lights with a diy led kit that will benefit you in the long run. For your filtration I'd just throw a bag of seachem purigen in it, if that. Water changes will be the most important thing though.

This sums it up.
I used to have a 4 gal tank, and upgraded to a 30gal... now I am building a 7.5 gallon tank to get back to my roots.. LOL
A basic 10% water change every week, a HOB filter if you want to go that route and a small (4 oz i believe) hag the size of a hand warmer of sachem is all you need.
depending on how you want to go with the lights, and if you are handy go to RapidLED and do a DIY lighting kit for your tank.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back