Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all. The tank big tank is looking pretty good. I haven't seen any dinos in the tank OR on the UV sponge in take. Im gonna give it a little big longer and then try adding some different light spectrum and see what happens. now all I need to do it win a lid or make my DIY version. Then we gonna add some fish! The flatworm situation looks pretty bad considering a did a treatment. I know you have to multiple but with everything else going on, I didn't want to mess with it. I definitely want to add fish who like to eat those suckers. Anyone have any ideas besides a springeri damsel, thats already on my list.
I saw a couple of those "normal" greyish/white/clear ones in my tank, added the two Springeri and the Melanurus and haven't seen another one since.

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just keep swimming star fish GIF

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a couple of those "normal" greyish/white/clear ones in my tank, added the two Springeri and the Melanurus and haven't seen another one since.
I'm definitely considering a melanurus. They are beautiful and come at a reasonable price tag.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm definitely considering a melanurus. They are beautiful and come at a reasonable price tag.
Halichoeres Leucoxanthus or Chrysus would likely work as well, but my experience with the Leucoxanthus was after the flatworms were already gone. Honestly though, I see my Leuco hunting more than my Melanurus.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halichoeres Leucoxanthus or Chrysus would likely work as well, but my experience with the Leucoxanthus was after the flatworms were already gone. Honestly though, I see my Leuco hunting more than my Melanurus.
Is that chrysus a banana wrasse? ;)

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biocube
IMG_7239.jpeg

Used a different tool to try to crush the stupid vermetid snails until I can get my hands on some bumble snails. Hopefully it worked better. The leathers are big mad.

Big tank (remember size is relevant ;))
IMG_7237.jpeg
IMG_7238.jpeg

Turned on the sky preset and turned the intensity down to 30% to see what happens with the Dino’s. Cleaned the glass and currently working on cleaning the mp10s. I’m also going to swap out my other wavemaker for a Tunze I have that I think will give the tank better flow. Foxface is also big mad.. can you spot him?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
looks good ,wanna come over and clean mine...:Dpay in coral...:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
crap, i gave you my state of Wisconsin shaped rock ,had that a long time !! Florida rock... ;)
nope can't find the ff...:rolleyes:

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biocube
IMG_7239.jpeg

Used a different tool to try to crush the stupid vermetid snails until I can get my hands on some bumble snails. Hopefully it worked better. The leathers are big mad.

Big tank (remember size is relevant ;))
IMG_7237.jpeg
IMG_7238.jpeg

Turned on the sky preset and turned the intensity down to 30% to see what happens with the Dino’s. Cleaned the glass and currently working on cleaning the mp10s. I’m also going to swap out my other wavemaker for a Tunze I have that I think will give the tank better flow. Foxface is also big mad.. can you spot him?
My bumblebees haven’t done anything yet, have had them for awhile, and only found one dead one. What tool are you using?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my bumblebees did good work when I had a problem. I had a few slackers though.

I went through every few weeks to crush anything in there still, made it easier for them to eat the ones that were evading and made it easier for me to tell how many were still alive by rebuilding.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my bumblebees did good work when I had a problem. I had a few slackers though.

I went through every few weeks to crush anything in there still, made it easier for them to eat the ones that were evading and made it easier for me to tell how many were still alive by rebuilding.
I’m gonna have to wait until spring to get some from reef cleaners. My LFS has them but I’m pretty sure that’s how I ended up with the flatworms in the evo and now the big tank.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new babies are doing well. So far they hate both Rods Frozen Food and LRS reef frenzy frozen. The only thing they don't spit back out is PE mysis frozen.

Mesh netting should be arriving today. I am then going to just drape it over the top and and hold in place with clips until I can figure out whether I'm gonna attempt to make a screen lid myself or continue to wait to hear back from a local supplier we work with, and whether or not they will make me a custom screen.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%

Back