Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7260.jpeg

Jason babies!!!!
Get a yellow coris! They are hawt banana needs more friends

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you're considering all the wrasses but I added a velvet damsel? to my 15g cube that has/had a horrible flatworm infestation and they are now all gone. Can't find a single one. And it's super pretty and very well behaved so far. Only had him a couple months though.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know you're considering all the wrasses but I added a velvet damsel? to my 15g cube that has/had a horrible flatworm infestation and they are now all gone. Can't find a single one. And it's super pretty and very well behaved so far. Only had him a couple months though.
Velvet? Why'd you go with a Velvet just out of curiosity?

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet? Why'd you go with a Velvet just out of curiosity?
Pretty. Gets bigger than average damsel. Planning on adding him to my Eel tank once he's a bit bigger.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pretty. Gets bigger than average damsel. Planning on adding him to my Eel tank once he's a bit bigger.
Cool! Glad he worked out. They're not typically known for eating pests as far as I'm aware. Springeri and I think Talbot's maybe?

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm feeling a little worried about my foxface buddy this morning. Last night it was acting a little off or more scared than usual but still ate food that floated by it. This morning it wont come out of it's hiding spots and wouldnt even eat any food that floated by it. I put some nori on a clip (which it always runs over to with gusto) set up a camera and went to work. I haven't seen it come out of it's caves since, not even for the Nori. :confused:

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It still hasnt come out at all yet. :(. Maybe it is constipated? I think thats a thing for fish.... It has been going to town on tons of pellets since I'm running low on frozen. If it is constipated, would it clear itself out?

Last edited:

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It still hasnt come out at all yet. :(. Maybe it is constipated? I think thats a thing for fish.... It have been going to town on tons of pellets since I'm running low on frozen. If it is constipated, would it clear itself out?
It is a thing and it can clear up on its own, but sometimes doesn't. Does he appear bloated?

Hoping for the best!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i read somewhere that someone said to peel a pea and feed it to them when constipated. dont ask me how to peel a pea.
I think you blanch them and then the shell comes off easier.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you blanch them and then the shell comes off easier.
Or, what I did for my friend when she was raising ducks, (if they are frozen) you can just microwave them for a bit and just squeeze them out of the the shell

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back